Exceldor is looking for a Director, Quality and Regulatory Affairs. Reporting to the Vice-President - Quality, R&D and Animal Welfare, the Director, Quality and Regulatory Affairs will design and implement the quality assurance, food safety, supplier or co-manufacturer evaluation/approval, biosafety, regulatory affairs, and documentation programs for all Exceldor business sectors and plants.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in food science and technology, food engineering or related discipline ;
- Over 11 years of relevant experience in quality and/or regulatory affairs in an agri-food organization, of which at least 5 years as a team leader ;
- Excellent knowledge of the HACCP, SQF, and GFSI standards, as well as meat and other food item inspection;
- Mastery of agri-food legislation (Canadian and U.S. agri-food laws and regulations) ;
- In-depth knowledge of nutrition, labelling, ingredients, and food additives ;
- Excellent command of the quality management, food safety and risk assessment systems ;
- Recognized skills: mobilizing leadership to support change, clear communication to exercise influence, proactivity and innovation-driven ;
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) and other quality tools;
- French/English proficiency: advanced level required for this position.
Establish and manage quality policies, food safety audit and biosafety programs in order to always be at a level of performance that exceeds legislative expectations throughout all sites ;
Manage, plan and coordinate business activities related to regulatory affairs and document management for all Exceldor sites ;
• Identify strategies to ensure proper execution of the programs and validate their efficiency ;
• Oversee quality, documentation and regulatory affairs programs and update them to align with priorities ;
• Represent and defend Exceldor’s interests before legislative bodies, during forums and before the CFIA when issues arise at the regional and national levels, and defend Exceldor’s interests;
• Act as an internal expert for management and stakeholders ;
• Manage the execution of internal audit and food safety programs while identifying critical risks and solving issues.
Employee assistance program
Nous souscrivons au principe d’équité en matière d’emploi. Seules les personnes retenues pour une entrevue seront contactées. Ce poste s’adresse aux hommes et aux femmes. Le genre masculin est utilisé sans aucune discrimination et uniquement dans le but d’alléger le texte.