Exceldor Cooperative is currently hiring for a Systems Administrator. Working under the Operational Excellence, IT and Major Projects vice-presidency and reporting to the Chief Architect of IT Infrastructure, the Systems Administrator will be a key contributor to Exceldor’s infrastructure support team, managing more than 750 end-users in a hybrid cloud environment across multiple sites and regions.
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring servers and related systems in our Windows, virtual and Azure cloud server environments.
- Setting up and managing Windows servers and the patch release program while ensuring that operating system patches are regularly installed to keep the servers up to date.
- Configuring and managing Fortinet firewalls, LAN/WAN hardware, Cisco network equipment, Wi-Fi, switches, VPNs, and operating systems.
- Conducting daily system monitoring, checking the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. Reviewing system and application logs and checking scheduled tasks such as backups.
- Maintaining and managing Active Directory and group strategies, including the administration of end user network accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Handling daily service requests and issues escalated by the IT support team.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Configuring and managing the file system; defining and performing server backups and recovery procedures
- Managing, documenting, and testing the computer backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Developing and maintaining server and system documentation and diagrams.
- Promoting and implementing the best practices and security initiatives developed by the company.
- Working with the business solutions and applications teams.
- Contributing to the development of the IT support team through coaching and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent program
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a senior system/server administrator role
- Expertise in the roll out, operation and troubleshooting of network, domain and server technologies including Windows Server, SQL Server, WSUS, VMware, Veeam, Fortinet Firewall, Wi-Fi, routers, VPN, DNS, DHCP, SAN, NAS Active Directory account management
- Experience working with various forms of user authentication
- Good working knowledge of MDM console type e.g., Intune, AirWatch, MobiControl or other; Kaspersky AV
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft 365, specifically Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Good knowledge of cyber security defence and mitigation
- Experience in preparing technical documents
- Advanced troubleshooting - solving very complex problems
- Experience with scripts and automation for servers and network configuration and monitoring is an asset (PowerShell, SQL, etc.)
- Cisco, Microsoft, VMware and/or Azure certifications an asset
- Bilingualism required
Employee assistance program
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from women and men