Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will manage daily plant operations and the teams working on your assigned shift. Your role is to drive continuous improvement by taking the lead on team management, OHS/work climate, food quality and safety management, customer requests, performance, and efficiency, all in your area of responsibility.
- Lead a team and achieve the highest standards of production. You will manage, supervise, and motivate teams of production and shipping supervisors and unionized employees ;
- Create a positive work climate that fosters employee engagement, help employees develop their skills, and closely monitor training for the employees under your responsibility ;
- Show strong leadership in implementing and maintaining a preventive OHS culture, running OHS programs, and closely monitoring health and safety in the workplace in compliance with current policies and regulations ;
- Ensure compliance with procedures and HACCP/GFSI standards as well as best production practices and hygiene and food safety rules ;
- Efficiently manage your daily production volume and ensure customer requests and shop-floor yields are met ;
- Working closely with teams from other sectors, rigorously manage operations with a view to reducing costs and losses and meeting deadlines ;
- Be an agent of change and uphold a culture of continuous improvement to achieve performance indicators.
- University diploma in food processing, administration, production management, or an equivalent field ;
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in managing teams of employees, preferably in the food industry and with unionized personnel (a combination of other qualifications/experience may be considered) ;
- Experience in meat processing or in the poultry industry is a strong asset ;
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP, GFSI, and OHS standards and production practices, hygiene rules, OHS regulations, and similar ;
- Hands-on experience in process optimization and continuous improvement tools (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma) is an asset ;
- Recognized leadership in collaborative and open management centred on teamwork, performance assessment, recognition, employee engagement, and training ;
- A proactive approach, analytical mind, and ability to resolve problems and make decisions in a setting where a sense of urgency and a rapid work pace are the norm ;
- Proficiency with IT tools (MS Office Suite, JDE, Kronos, or similar) ;
- Fluency in English and French is desirable, and knowledge of Spanish is a significant plus.
Employee assistance program
We are committed to employment equity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.