Exceldor cooperative is a leading manufacturer and marketer of poultry products in the Canadian market. Famous for the BUTTERBALL brand, Exceldor cooperative has brought a wide range of innovative products to market over the years, meeting consumer demand for nutritious high-quality products. We continue to strive for excellence in product quality and ensuring food safety, while focusing on sustainability initiatives and giving back to the communities in which we work. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Customer Service & Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing numerous 3rd-party Warehouses and Carriers across Canada, as well as internal direct reports from the Customer Service & Logistics team.
- Oversee negotiations and relationship development with 3PL Warehouses & Carriers
- Manages the Transportation and Warehouse budget with monthly tracking of expenses
- Ensures and maintains partnership with 3PL service providers (transportation, warehousing), to strategically manage unexpected fluctuations in the supply chain
- Ensures operational excellence in day-to-day transportation and delivery operations at the National level
- Manages the optimal execution of the logistics operations of 3PL Transport and 3PL Warehousing, in an effort to reduce operational costs
- Implements a continuous improvement approach to reduce operating costs, while aiming to improve the level of service
- Establish daily/weekly/monthly/annual reports, complete with accurate performance indicators to track loads (Cases and KGs) and better assist with road planning and mapping
- Proactively address and resolve customer-related logistics issues to minimize company costs
- Analyze and determine Logistic Shipping and Outbound patterns to assist with end-customer delivery consolidations
- Collaborate with Exceldor's business units (Chicken and Turkey) and corporate units to provide an efficient Transportation and Warehouse service in line with the needs expressed
- Assist with cross-analysis and validation between various Warehouse Portals, Excel documents, and JD Edwards, to ensure information reflected is accurate and in real-time
- In collaboration with QA and R&D, ensure the follow-up of Exceldor quality standards (HACCP / SQF), participate in transport and storage supplier audits and convey Exceldor's quality and safety standards
- Key lead for customer order management and key customer contact for issues related to shortages, logistics tracking, etc.
- Escalation contact for order entry and adjustments, including but not limited to; customer shortages, pricing discrepancies, etc.
- Key lead for process improvement and system development (JD Edwards)
- Responsible for validating and approving Trade Spends, Warehouse and Carrier claims
- Assist in Inventory Management and development, including but not limited to; inbounds from various Co-Packers and Production facilities, outbound deductions for customer orders, investigation of inventory discrepancies, etc.
- Manage the daily communication between internal and external departments in operational matters, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of products
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly/annual reporting and analysis on sales trends, inventory rotation and shelf life, transportation comparisons, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of products
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience relevant to the position
- Possess extensive knowledge of EDI capabilities & functionalities
- Bias for action, results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize & demonstrate initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Detailed oriented with creative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- High level of integrity and ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to challenge existing processes and propose effective solutions
- Ability to meet tight timelines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of issues as they arise
- Experience participating in Lean Six and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced level of Excel
- Bilingualism in French deemed a strong asset
Employee assistance program
We are committed to employment equity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.