Exceldor Cooperative, an Award-Winning, long-standing company seeks a Director, Live Operations & Member Relations to join our team in our Blumenort location! We are looking for someone who is ready for that next challenge and who wants to grow with a great company. If you are looking for something like this and have excellent communication skills this might be the position for you! We are looking for someone who is flexible and who is a great leader who can build superior relationships internally and externally. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President Chicken Division in Quebec.
As soon as possible ;
Executive and professional employees, class 10 ;
- Maintain a high degree of awareness for procurement plans and production scheduling; coordinate this activity with Sales and Marketing.
- Based on sound technical knowledge, drive compliance with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal regulatory bodies.
- Develop short term and long-term business initiatives that align with Exceldor strategic goals.
- Maintain relationships with relevant professional associations, government agencies and committees and allied industry members.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the Exceldor cooperative members/producers.
- Lead in the development and maintenance of a live poultry Quality Assurance program; support the training and communication of Quality Assurance standards; implement standards; identify and resolve quality issues that cross departments or functions as they arise from internal and external customers.
- Provide open communication and constructive dialogue with field representatives to problem solve chicken, turkey and hatching egg flock issues.
- Stay abreast of technology and process advances, making appropriate recommendations that can significantly impact western Exceldor operations.
- Foster a team environment and direct the duties of the Live Operations team; set expectations to ensure team members will plan, prioritize, and organize their work effectively; delegate appropriate authority to specific team members.
- After consultation with Human Resources, assume accountability for ensuring effective people development; ensure performance is measured to facilitate continuous improvement; identify and sponsor developmental opportunities for key and promising individuals in to help them gain wide exposure, experience, and readiness for challenging roles; proactively manage employee relations.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings that enable cross-functional teamwork; present relevant business issues to the Senior Management Team; ensure all stakeholders are reviewing options for enhancing revenue or profitability.
- Establish resources and build processes to gather information and data for problem solving and analysis.
- Ensure all work complies with regulatory, HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Prepare annual budgets for Live Operations departments. Oversee and control all costs of operations including labour, expenses, capital, and report on variances along with an action plan to correct (actual vs. budget)
- Business degree or other related education.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related and relevant experience successfully leading a team.
- Advanced strategic management skills along with demonstrated experience with generating change,developing others, progressive thinking and relationship building is required.
- Demonstrated experience in building successful producer and allied industry relationships.
Employee assistance program
Director, Live Operations & Member Relations
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.