Exceldor’s poultry processing facility in Hanover, Ontario is seeking an industrial Electrician to join their Maintenance department. This is a day shift position (6:00am – 2:30pm). The hourly rate is $31.05 per hour and an additional $1.25 per hour will be paid on regularly scheduled hours, to a maximum of 40 hours per week, if an employee works all scheduled hours for a given week.
- Enhance equipment performance; recommend and implement improvements ;
- Work from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches to perform repairs ;
- Operate production equipment and check performance ;
- Repair, troubleshooting and installation of machinery including electrical and electronic equipment, control systems and automation ;
- Electrical wiring and testing of automated systems ;
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules ;
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production equipment ;
- Ensure that work area is always clean of debris and hazards and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work ;
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards ;
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Must have 442A licensing (Industrial Electrician) or 309A (Construction Maintenance), preference to those with 442A licensing (Industrial Electrician) versus 309A (Construction Maintenance) ;
- 2 - 5 years of electrical experience, preferably in the food industry ;
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills are required ;
- General knowledge of PLCs.
Employee assistance program
We are committed to employment equity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.