Job Opportunity: Logistics Coordinator
Exceldor Cooperative in Hanover, Ontario is currently looking for a dedicated and driven individual to join the team as Logistics/Planning Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the production planning team in Hanover to be aware of what is being produced on a daily basis and what products and quantities are shipping to outside warehouse locations
- Collaborates with all outside warehouses to communicate planned loads into blast facilities
- Working closely with the Logistics Department to determine on a daily basis what products and quantities will be shipped out of J&L/Hanover to a final destination – to another warehouse or direct to a customer.
- Collaborates with the production planning team in Hanover to determine what region, product and quantities should be shipped to after the blast freezing process is complete
- Maintains a daily inventory reconciliation of products at J&L
- Working together with our Transportation providers to set up loads to ship out on a daily basis
- Strive for the most cost-effective transport costs
- Communicate with warehouse locations that product will be shipped into, to ensure space availability and dock time availability
- Using the company JDE system, prepare paperwork and BOL’s for shipping product
- In conjunction with the J&L Operations Manager, weekly tour the freezers to ensure temperatures are being held in check and to observe product in the facility
- Ensure accurate information on “HOLD” products for traceability
- During fresh production continuously monitor product for correct temperatures
- Communicate with J&L Operations Manager if room temperatures need to be adjusted to keep product temperature in check
- Laisse with customers that Exceldor produces custom orders for set up, pick slips, and delivery/transportation as required
- Maintain and manage CHEP pallet information to maintain visibility of pallet costs
- Communicate with all production facilities/warehouses/customers to ensure that all CHEP information is accurate and accounted for
- Order and arrange pickup and delivery of CHEP pallets that are required
- Follow up with transportation providers on invoices. Charges, discrepancies, etc.
- Plan future requirements (daily, weekly, monthly) blast requirements and determine availability at outside locations
- Manage transportation requirements and timing for orders that are shipped directly to customers from J&L or Hanover
- Manage various transport reports for loads leaving Hanover and J&L
- Post secondary in business administration or production/materials planning
- 5 years experience in planning or logistics
- Proficient in excel
Applicants are encouraged to apply through indeed or by submitting a resume directly to the human resources department, high-lighting relevant experience, and skills, by no later than September 1, 2023.