To support its operations at the Saint-Anselm plant, Exceldor Cooperative is currently hiring a Plant Manager. Reporting to the Senior Manager - Chicken Division Operations, the incumbent shall play a leadership role and work closely with Area Managers - Production, Production and Sanitation Supervisors, Maintenance Team and Quality Team to implementation standards. He is responsible for the smooth running of the plant while managing and supervising the team delivering the results. He shapes his leadership by placing people at the heart of performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Administration, Operations Management, Operational Research or other relevant field ;
- 10 to 15 years experience in production management and team supervision ;
- Experience in meat processing or the poultry sector is a considerable asset ;
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP, GFSI, OHS standards and manufacturing practices, hygiene rules, OHS regulations and others ;
- Recognized leader in collaborative, open and team-oriented management, performance assessment, recognition, employee engagement and the importance of training ;
- Proactiveness, analytical skills, problem solving and judgement in an environment where a sense of urgency and a fast pace of work are required ;
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite, JDE, Kronos) or any other equivalent tool ;
- Bilingualism in French and English is required for this position.
- Act as a positive leader in establishing and maintaining a preventive OHS culture. Ensure compliance with OHS programs and rigorous monitoring in accordance with the regulations and policies in force to maintain safe workplaces ;
- Ensure compliance with procedures and monitor compliance with HACCP/GFSI/SQF standards and good manufacturing practices, hygiene, and food safety rules. Maintain HACCP and SQF accreditation and ensure that the plant is compliant with the program;
- Plan, organize, direct, and control the plant’s production, mechanical and sanitary maintenance activities to achieve efficiency and productivity targets ;
- Monitor the plant’s management indicators and take appropriate action ;
- Lead and motivate work teams, plan staffing needs, participate in selecting and developing resources and evaluating staff ;
- Collaborate with the human resources team when negotiating collective agreements and ensure that good labour relations are maintained ;
- Be active on various committees and works closely with staff from other vice presidencies.
Employee assistance program
We are committed to employment equity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.