Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Production Analyst is responsible for overseeing numerous 3rd-party Co-Packers across Canada. The ideal candidate will be innovative and committed to identifying and driving operational excellence, that will aid in strategically benefitting our Company's overall objectives.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who can see the big picture and is eager to make an impact on our organization.
We offer a workplace culture of openness and inclusiveness that fosters transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each team member has a voice and plays an active role in ensuring the success of the organization. We offer an excellent work environment, opportunity for advancement and competitive compensation package including health/dental coverage, drug plan, pension plan, etc. This is a permanent full-time position working out of our Mississauga office.
- Primary contact for various Co-Packer Production facilities
- Responsible for daily communications with external Production facilities to review planned production versus actual production, to better understand and assist with variances
- Work closely with Sales team to further enhance our Production Planning tools and work towards go-live implementation in our system (JD Edwards)
- Review and analyze sales and market trends to assist with understanding demand and planning
- Assist with Sales forecasting and weekly estimates for products Nationally
- Submit Purchase Orders to various Co-Packers
- Manage and track inbound receipts to various warehouses from Co-Packers
- Manage the daily communication between internal and external departments in operational matters, to ensure timely and accurate production
- Perform daily/weekly reporting and analysis on sales trends, inventory rotation and shelf life, transportation comparisons, etc.
- Assist with system updates reflecting product minimum shelf-life requirements per customer
- Assist in Inventory Management and development, including but not limited to; inbounds from various Co-Packers and Production facilities, outbound deductions for customer orders, investigation of inventory discrepancies, etc.
- Assist with cross-analysis and validation between various Warehouse Portals, Excel documents, and JD Edwards, to ensure information reflected is accurate and in real-time
- In collaboration with QA and R&D, ensure the follow-up of Exceldor quality standards (HACCP / SQF), participate in transport and storage supplier audits and convey Exceldor's quality and safety standards
- Develop and maintain internal reporting tools for both internal and external use
- Identify, evaluate, enhance, and develop processes that benefit the overall Supply Chain
- Assist with additional process improvement and system development (JD Edwards)
- Manage, track and report on various KPI’s for key Production categories
- Implements a continuous improvement approach to reduce operating costs, while aiming to improve the level of service
- Key lead for process improvement and system development (JD Edwards)
- Excellent knowledge of products
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience relevant to the position
- Possess extensive knowledge of EDI capabilities & functionalities
- Bias for action, results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize & demonstrate initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with creative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- High level of integrity and ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to challenge existing processes and propose effective solutions
- Ability to meet tight timelines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of issues as they arise
- Experience participating in Lean Six and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced level of Excel
- Bilingualism in French deemed a strong asset
Employee assistance program