Reporting to the Production Coordinator, you will coordinate a work team’s operations. You will be responsible for operations in your sector and for managing employees during your shift. Your role is to drive continuous improvement by managing people, OHS/wellness, food quality and safety, operations, performance, and administrative matters in your sector.
- Attestation of college studies (ACS) in management or an equivalent field ;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in supervising teams of employees, preferably in the food industry and with unionized personnel (a combination of other qualifications/experience may be considered) ;
- Experience in meat processing or in the poultry industry is a strong asset ;
- Proven in-depth knowledge of HACCP, GFSI, and OHS standards and management practices is a strong asset ;
- A proactive approach, analytical mindset, and ability to resolve problems and make decisions in a setting where a sense of urgency and a rapid work pace are the norm ;
- Positive leadership with an emphasis on employee motivation, engagement, and performance management ;
- Proficiency with IT tools (MS Office Suite, JDE, Kronos, or similar) ;
- Fluency in English and French is desirable and knowledge of Spanish is a significant plus.
- Efficiently manage all stages of production and/or processing, ensure compliance, and monitor shop-floor yields ;
- Supervise, manage, and support the daily work of a team (unionized staff) to achieve the desired goals and yields ;
- Put corrective actions in place to achieve business outcomes in line with the highest quality and efficiency standards ;
- Conduct rigorous and continuous management of operations to reduce losses and costs, meet deadlines, and develop autonomy among your subordinates, all in collaboration with your Head of Production and in compliance with current policies ;
- Ensure that good industry practices related to HACCP standards are maintained and that your team complies with occupational health and safety rules.
Employee assistance program
We are committed to employment equity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.