Exceldor Cooperative is looking for a Production Supervisor to support the operations of its Saint-Anselme plant. Reporting to a Production Manager, the incumbent coordinates the activities of a work team. He/she oversees the operations of his/her sector and manages staff during his/her work shift. In a context driven by continuous improvement, the incumbent manages people, OHS and wellness, food quality and safety, operations, performance as well as administrative matters of his/her sector.
More specifically, the incumbent:
- Ensures an optimum management of all the steps of production and/or processing, compliance and monitoring of plant outputs;
- Supervises a work team (unionized staff), guides, and supports them daily in order to meet the objectives and desired outputs;
- Implements the corrective actions to meet business results thereby ensuring the highest standards of quality and efficiency;
- Ensures a rigorous management of his/her sector’s operations at all times in order to reduce losses and costs, meets the deadlines, and develops the autonomy of his/her subordinates in collaboration with his/her Production Manager while respecting the policies in force;
- Endeavours to maintain good manufacturing practises pertaining to HACCP standards while ensuring respect of occupational health and safety rules for his/her team.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) in Management or an equivalent;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in work teams’ supervision, ideally in the food industry, and with unionized staff (a combination of training/experience in a different field can be taken into consideration);
- Experience in meat processing or in the poultry sector is an important asset;
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP, GFSI, OHS standards and management practices is an important asset;
- Proactivity, analytical, problem solving and judgment skills in an environment marked by a sense of urgency and a fast pace of work are required;
- Positive leadership geared towards staff mobilization, commitment, and performance management;
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite, JDE, Kronos) or equivalent;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is desired and knowledge of Spanish is considered an important asset.
Employee assistance program
We are committed to employment equity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is open to both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.